Weather conditions and forecast for Haines Junction

Forecast - Environment Canada

Observed at: Whitehorse Airport
Date: Sunday April 14, 2024 at 05:00 MST
Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
Temp.: -3.5 °C
Wind Chill: -7
Wind: SW 8 km/h
Humidity: 68 %
Dew point: -8.5 °C
Pressure: 101.2 kPa
Tendency: rising
Visibility: 24.1 km
Sunrise: 06:41
Sunset: 21:21
Normals:
Max 7°C Min -4°C
Yesterday
  Max: 6.4 °C
  Min: -1.2 °C
  Rainfall: 0.0 mm

 Extended Forecast - Environment Canada
Sunday
Chance of flurries (70%)
Chance of flurries
Max: 2°C
Monday
Clearing
Clearing
Max: 4°C
Tuesday
Sunny
Sunny
Max: 8°C
Wednesday
Sunny
Sunny
Max: 10°C
Thursday
Sunny
Sunny
Max: 13°C
Friday
Sunny
Sunny
Max: 12°C
Saturday
Sunny
Sunny
Max: 10°C
Sunday night
Chance of flurries (30%)
Chance of flurries
Min: -7°C
Monday night
Clear
Clear
Min: -9°C
Tuesday night
Clear
Clear
Min: -8°C
Wednesday night
Clear
Clear
Min: -4°C
Thursday night
Clear
Clear
Min: -7°C
Friday night
Clear
Clear
Min: -5°C
 

Forecast

Whitehorse, YT (Issued: Sunday April 14, 2024 at 05:00 MST)

Today
Increasing cloudiness. 30 percent chance of flurries changing to 70 percent chance of flurries this afternoon. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 late this morning. High plus 2. Wind chill minus 8 this morning. UV index 2 or low.
Tonight
Mainly cloudy. 30 percent chance of flurries this evening and after midnight. Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40. Low minus 7. Wind chill minus 12 overnight.
Monday
Clearing in the morning. Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light early in the afternoon. High plus 4. Wind chill minus 14 in the morning. UV index 2 or low.
Monday night
Clear. Low minus 9.
Tuesday
Sunny. High 8.
Tuesday night
Clear. Low minus 8.
Wednesday
Sunny. High 10.
Wednesday night
Clear. Low minus 4.
Thursday
Sunny. High 13.
Thursday night
Clear. Low minus 7.
Friday
Sunny. High 12.
Friday night
Clear. Low minus 5.
Saturday
Sunny. High 10.
Averages and extremes
Highest temperature(1942-2012)10.6 °C1990
Lowest temperature(1942-2012)-22.2 °C1967
Average high6.0 °C 
Average low-4.7 °C 
Average0.7 °C 
Greatest rainfall(1942-2012)0.0 mm1942
Greatest snowfall(1942-2012)16.6 cm2006
Greatest precipitation(1942-2012)15.8 mm2006
Most snow on the ground(1955-2012)66.0 cm1967
Monthly frequency of precipitation15.0 % 

24 Hour Forecast - Whitehorse, YT

Date/Time
(MST)
Temp.
(°C)

Weather Conditions

LOP †
Wind
(km/h)
Wind
Chill
14 April 2024
06:00 -5 A few clouds (0%)  A few clouds Nil VR 5 -7
07:00 -5 Mainly sunny (0%)  Mainly sunny Nil VR 5 -7
08:00 -5 Chance of flurries (30%)  Chance of flurries Low VR 5 -7
09:00 -4 Chance of flurries (30%)  Chance of flurries Low VR 5 -6
10:00 -3 Chance of flurries (30%)  Chance of flurries Low VR 5 -5
11:00 -2 Chance of flurries (30%)  Chance of flurries Low NW 20 gust 40 -8
12:00 -1 Chance of flurries (30%)  Chance of flurries Low NW 20 gust 40 -7
13:00 0 Chance of flurries (30%)  Chance of flurries Low NW 20 gust 40
14:00 1 Chance of flurries (70%)  Chance of flurries Medium NW 20 gust 40
15:00 1 Chance of flurries (70%)  Chance of flurries Medium NW 20 gust 40
16:00 2 Chance of flurries (70%)  Chance of flurries Medium NW 20 gust 40
17:00 2 Chance of flurries (70%)  Chance of flurries Medium NW 20 gust 40
18:00 2 Chance of flurries (30%)  Chance of flurries Low NW 20 gust 40
19:00 1 Chance of flurries (30%)  Chance of flurries Low NW 20 gust 40
20:00 1 Chance of flurries (30%)  Chance of flurries Low NW 20 gust 40
21:00 0 Chance of flurries (30%)  Chance of flurries Low NW 20 gust 40
22:00 -1 Chance of flurries (30%)  Chance of flurries Low NW 20 gust 40 -7
23:00 -2 Chance of flurries (30%)  Chance of flurries Low NW 20 gust 40 -8
15 April 2024
00:00 -3 Chance of flurries (30%)  Chance of flurries Low NW 20 gust 40 -9
01:00 -3 Chance of flurries (30%)  Chance of flurries Low NW 20 gust 40 -9
02:00 -4 Mainly cloudy (0%)  Mainly cloudy Nil NW 20 gust 40 -10
03:00 -4 Mainly cloudy (0%)  Mainly cloudy Nil NW 20 gust 40 -11
04:00 -5 Mainly cloudy (0%)  Mainly cloudy Nil NW 20 gust 40 -11
05:00 -5 Mainly cloudy (0%)  Mainly cloudy Nil NW 20 gust 40 -12
 
† Likelihood of Precipitation (LOP) as described in the public forecast as a chance of measurable precipitation for a period of time.
  Nil: 0%
  Low: 40% or below
  Medium: 60% or 70%
  High: Above 70%
‡ Value not significant

Environment Canada